Businesses perform better when they have greater diversity, study shows!
Diversity in the work environment promotes acceptance, respect, and teamwork despite differences in race, age, gender, native language, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation, or communication styles among employees.
If you have an open workplace culture then staff are able to:
- feel confident and have positive self-esteem
- feel and express themselves freely at work
- build and maintain good relationships with others
- feel engaged with their work
- work productively
- cope with the stresses of work
- adapt and manage in times of change and uncertainty